Monday, May 2, 2011

Ever After Designs - Blue Butterflies


A while back I designed a logo for a personal company called Ever After Designs. It is primarily a wedding invitation business, as I am sometimes asked to consult people in that area.

While designing this logo, I was playing a video game called Bioshock 2. One of my favorite elements in this game was the inclusion of a blue butterfly. It represented finding a lost love, complete devotion, and kindness. So, I decided to incorporate the butterfly into the design of the card. It was an homage to the game, and a representation of completing one of the most important quests one can embark on in his/her lifetime.

The blue in the butterfly dictated the color scheme that I chose to go with in the end. I enjoyed the blue of the butterfly and wanted to keep things in that color palette. So I went with darker teals and blues to complete the design. Once the color was finalized, I began working on the fonts, and the actual placement of the butterfly.

Soon after placing the butterfly I realized that it would have a much greater impact if I included two butterflies flying side by side. To me, the inclusion of two butterflies represented a new couple embarking on a new journey together.

No comments:

Post a Comment