Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Rum Collective - A dignified poster




I've been working with The Rum Collective off and on for about a year now and thought I'd preview an old design. Long before the collective's anchor appeared I had created this simple poster for use at the tastings and other meetings. During the design phase, I kept thinking of an old gentleman's club with warm cherry wood, cigars and leather chairs filling a room lined with books. The RC Logo itself, I thought, was particularly sleek and elegant.

In the end, though, The Rum Collective decided to pursue a more pirate theme, which turned out very well. Still, from time to time I find myself staring at this image wondering what the face of TRC would look like if it had gone this way.

So, in honor of The Rum Collective's one year anniversary, I present this old design.




No comments:

Post a Comment